To obtain active membership:
- You must be a student or a graduate of a recognized CLXT program.
- A copy of your certificate must be sent to the registrar.
- A registration fee must be submitted to the registrar- $250.00
- If applicant is currently working in the scope of practice of a CLXT, or has previously worked in the last 5 years, a copy of proof of employment and employment record, including previous hours worked is required. Also, include any copies of additional training or post graduate certificates or transcripts.
- If an applicant has not worked at least 1125 hours in the most previous 5 years, membership will be granted upon successful completion of the clinical experience checklist. This check list must be completed under the direct supervision and to the satisfaction of a technician/technologist who is a member in good standing with the SACLXT, SAMRT and/ or SSMLT. You must now maintain membership in good standing with the SACLXT as set by the Association’s Guidelines for Membership.
- If an applicant has not been employed as a CLXT for the previous 5 to 10 years, prior to application, you must first successfully complete the clinical experience check list under the direct supervision and to the satisfaction of a technician/technologist who is a member in good standing with the SACLXT, SAMRT and/or SSMLT. At this time, a 6 month provisional membership will be granted. Within this provisional time period, you must complete recognized education, subject to the approval of the Continuing Education Committee/Board of Directors of the SACLXT as deemed necessary. Upon satisfactory completion of the above, an active membership of the SACLXT will be granted. You must now maintain membership in good standing with the SACLXT as set by the Association’s Guidelines for Membership.
- If not employed as a CLXT for greater than 10 years, membership will not be granted by the SACLXT.
- To maintain active membership in good standing members must be working in the scope of practice of a CLXT and work at least 1125 hours, including callback hours plus accrue 20 CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS in the most recent 5 years.
- Annual membership dues must be paid promptly; no later than the end of February of each year.